We have heard that drinking olive oil is very beneficial for our health. It is one of the popular sources of healthy fat available to us. People consume it in multiple forms to get health benefits. Olive oil has multiple uses. It is used in cooking, cosmetics, and another therapeutic medium. But most people have a common question: is olive oil healthy to drink? Because they do not have the proper information about the good qualities and beneficial effects of olive oil. Olive oil contains a lot of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It can be said according to a lot of experts and dieticians that drinking olive oil is very beneficial for health and it can prevent many health issues like- heart disease, high LDL cholesterol, digestion problem, inflammation, hair and skin problem, etc. It is said that drinking ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil regularly in the morning is more effective than using it in cooking or meals. Researches prove that drinking olive oil may offer several health benefits-
- Heart Disease- Olive oil can help to prevent any type of heart disease. It contains two types of healthy fat which help to decrease bad cholesterol levels. Thus, it reduces the risk of heart disease and heart attack.
- Inflammation- The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties present in olive oil can help to prevent any type of inflammation in our body.
- Digestive system- Olive oil helps to reduce the production of gastric acid which is very helpful for a healthy digestive system.
- Blood sugar- Olive oil can reduce glycemic response to high-glycemic foods which can help to manage Type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Healthy Skin and Hair- Olive oil contains high vitamin E and vitamin K which are very essential for maintaining healthy hair and skin.
- Reduce Constipation- Consuming olive oil may soften stool and relieve constipation.
- Support bone health- The properties present in olive oil can help to increase bone density. It is very significant, especially for women who are suffering from low bone density.
- Weight loss- Consumption of olive oil in moderation can help to reduce weight. Olive oil contains oleic acid which gives the feeling of fullness and promotes the feeling of satiety that helps us to reduce our appetite.
- Prevent Colon Cancer- Olive oil is full of antioxidants that may prevent the formation of free radicals in the body. It helps to reduce the risk of colon cancer. So, drinking olive oil can save you from colon cancer.
So, Olive oil can be a part of a healthy diet to get many health benefits. Moreover, it can be more effective when it is consumed in moderation. Regularly consuming olive oil can help you to get better health. You can make an amazing morning drink by using a tablespoon of olive oil, ripe lemon juice, and a little bit of water. However, more research is needed to determine whether drinking olive oil is better than using it in regular amounts as part of a nutritious diet.